I was craving something sugary late at night. Well, not late for real people, but late for me. Give me a break, I am a Mom of 3 kids under 5. I am exhausted by 8pm. My 15 year old self would be disgusted with my 30 year old self. What can ya do? Suck it up, thats what. Anyway, I was craving something sugary. I saw the 2 cute little jars of Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche staring at me from the windowsill.I had been trying to decide what to do with this PBDDL for a few days. I thought I had settled on Marshmallows, but after tasting it, I didnt want to dilute it so much. I decided on something easy and quick. I was tired! Blondies it was. They are easy, gooey and wicked good with a glass of milk late at night. Okay, it was only 9:30pm, SO WHAT!
The blondies came together without a hitch. They are easy as hell mind you. I was not expecting any catastrophies. When they were ready to go in the pan, I swirled the PBDDL into the top of the batter. Into the oven they went. 25 minutes later, I could smell the cookie goodness wafting from the kitchen. They came out and I let them rest a bit. When I went back to snag some, which was not long after I took them out, they had sunken in. They were a tad on the underdone side. Bygones. Who ever turned away an underdone cookie? Not me. The PBDDL was AWESOME in these Blondies. Added that extra touch to a simple chocolate chip bar cookie. I could see a zillion ways to use this confection. One being right from the jar on a spoon.
I encourage you to go check out Blake Makes and see all the exciting stuff he has going on over there. We loved the PBDDL, thanks Blake!
PBDDL Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from Hershey’s.com
(I halved this recipe and used the pan method in an 8×8.)
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounces Peanut Butter Dulce de Leche
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
PAN RECIPE: Spread batter in greased 15-1/2×10-1/2×1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.